Posted by: Saving Water SA (Cape Town, South Africa) – partnered with Water Rhapsody conservation systems – 31 December 2010
South Africa is already on the list of the 30 driest countries in the world, and 2010 has not been a good year for water in South Africa, with drought posing serious challenges in parts of the country.
Climate forecasts do not bode well for the Western Cape’s water supply. The region is likely to become warmer and drier with reduced water in the rivers.
Pressure is mounting on our potable water supplies, so it’s a good time to implement some water saving measures around the home.
Here are seven great water saving resolutions for the new year:
- Don’t flush toilets with drinking water.
- Water gardens with grey water.
- Harvest rainwater from roofs of homes.
- Use harvested rainwater throughout the home (not only in the garden).
- Clarify swimming pool backwash and return it to the pool.
- Only flush the least amount of water to clear toilet pans.
- Wash cars with rainwater.
For a free quote to fulfil your water saving resolutions for 2011 visit our contact page.